Our vision is to provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment where children will recognise and achieve their fullest potential, so that they can make their best contribution to society.
Dorset is a place where:
• Everybody is welcomed and you are not alone
• We inspire, achieve and succeed together
• We respect and care for everyone and everything around us
Dorset sets high standards of learning and celebrates the achievements of each child. Dorset is a place where everyone is different and has importance.
Our goal is that children leave school with:
• A set of values – caring, respect, responsibility, honesty, excellence and tolerance.
• A complement of skills – linguistic, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
• An enquiring and discriminating mind and a desire for knowledge.
• Strong self-esteem and high personal expectation.
• Tolerance and respect for others.
We value the partnership which exists between school, parents and community and the part it plays in realising this vision.
Dorset seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through development of engaging learning programs that cater for individual differences and learning styles. Our school promotes a safe, caring, and supportive environment. Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students’ learning.
Our multicultural community, parents, business partners, administrators, students, and staff work together to create an academic, physical, emotional, social and safe environment where everyone can learn and respect one another. We dare to use innovative techniques to enhance lifelong learning through technology, the multiple intelligences, varied instructional strategies, and engaging programs. We share our cultural backgrounds to nurture growth, responsibility, and productivity by celebrating our diversity within a positive school-wide atmosphere and by promoting school spirit and pride in ourselves through our daily educational, physical and social accomplishments.
Mrs Palma Coppa